2023 has welcomed the era of the metaverse as an advanced form of the current cyberspace. The metaverse provides users with seamless and immersive experiences between the physical and virtual world. To realize the “planet-scale” metaverse, many technical challenges remain. This workshop aims to address the technical aspects of scalable metaverse systems, including but not limited to:
- Large-scale XR systems
- Mobile operating systems for the metaverse
- Low-latency networking, edge and cloud computing, and computation offloading
- IoT/mobile and XR integration for physical-digital urban environments
- AI agents in large-scale virtual environments
- Large-scale multi-user or persistent XR applications
We invite your submissions and welcome the following types of submissions:
- Technical papers: Original research with preliminary results to address the various systems issues for building the immersive worlds inside the metaverse. We welcome papers addressing all sorts of systems issues as displayed in the above list of topics.
- Position papers: Essays that present an arguable opinion about a specific issue of building the metaverse. The goal of position papers is to convince the audience of the validity of the presented opinion and call for more research effort in the proposed direction. Such papers should primarily focus on the technology or ecosystem aspects of the metaverse with a strong focus on systems and applications.
- Survey papers: This track solicits review papers relevant to emerging metaverse content, which go beyond the usual research paper and present new perspectives that stimulate the MobiSys community to pursue innovative new research directions. The work may challenge existing assumptions and methodologies or propose new roadmaps for the unprecedented opportunities from the metaverse. The submitted papers are encouraged to present high-risk controversial ideas, or profound reflections that lead to a high-level synthetic viewpoint.
We accept your submissions as a pdf by 8 April, 2023. Accepted papers will be archived in the ACM Digital Library.
Important Workshop Dates
- Submission Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: May 5, 2023
- Camera Ready Submission: May 15, 2023
- Workshop Date and Place: June 18, 2023, Helsinki (Hybrid mode)
All deadlines are at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth. The dates are tentative and subject to change. Please consult the website for the most up-to-date scheduling information.
Technical Program Committee
To be announced